My best idea ever...

10.25.2009

Okay, probably not my best but it does make life around here a bit easier.

DSC_0120-1

This is what usually happens with all the papers coming home from school. I usually spend half the morning looking for whatever I need in the several piles in the house. It was getting to be to overwhelming so I came up with this.

DSC_0121-1

Plain old binders, gussied up with some scrapbooking paper. One for each girl. Important notes in the front and any artwork or other papers in the back.

DSC_0124-1

I picked up the fancy green 3 hole punch for 2.50. The biggest bonus is that the girls love punching holes in their work and notes so I don't even need to keep up with it. One draw back is that everything Maddie draws has been going into the binder and the girl draws ALOT. I think she needs her own binder or maybe an entire shelf of binders.

DSC_0126-1

See what I mean? She likes to draw and write and create. There is no getting rid of anything she makes. I really need to come up with a system for all of this work.

DSC_0128-1

DSC_0130-1
(note the words up there say "fashion models", maybe they shouldn't watch project runway.)

DSC_0131-1

A better system than Maddie sticking whatever she wants to the wall with whatever she can find that sticks. I should probably be upset about this sticking but how can I be mad at a little girl so proud of all that amazing work.
I'm thinking maybe a full wall of homasote that she can stick work to her hearts desire.

2 comments:

Tegan said...

Hi MaryTree,

Some friends and I were talking about whether to keep everything that our children create or not (after all, it was created with love), and one friend suggested taking a picture of the artwork and saving it on the computer and online, and then not keeping the original. I don't know if I can do this personally (we'll find out when my daughter is old enough to color, draw and write!), but I thought I would suggest it to you.

The binders are a great idea! Good luck! :)

Tegan's Musings Author

mary said...

I don't know if I would have the heart to throw it out. There is something about having the work that her little hands created that is just so precious to me. We'll see. I was thinking of making books of their work for them. Maybe I could let them decide what to keep. Hmm..