Little Pumpkins

9.30.2009

Remember this sweet little kitty that we found in the engine of our car. Well, it seems the kitty has grown into a full adult cat and Sunday night she gave birth to 5 little kittens.
They are adorable and Pumpkin has been an amazing gentle mommy.




I've never been around for cat labor but I have delivered two of my own babies and have been present for a few horse deliveries. I read up and set up a quiet spot in my closet for her. I had a feeling sunday was the day but the day went along with no kittens and Pumpkin hung out with me on the couch as I watched the Bears game. We all sat down, had a nice dinner and then headed to watch the Amazing Race. Dan looked at Pumpkin and exclaimed "what does Pumpkin have" um that is a kitten. So much for the cat hiding out in dark quiet place.
The girls were able to watch one of the kittens be born and they were amazed and full of questions. Quite a few anatomy lessons have taken place with lots of honest talk about how the kittens were born (which led to how they were born) umbilical cords, determining the sex of the kittens, and much more. The only question left unanswered was the "Mama, how did pumpkin get kittens in her tummy". "Umm, well, umm, Look that kitty just yawned." So that's the news from around these parts. Anyone want a kitty?

8 comments:

Lynx217 said...

I remember when Nimbus was born, he was that tiny! Aren't they so cute!!!!!!!! I got to post a link to my blog, they are just so adorable. If I didn't have my 3, I'd take two home right now if I could! You have a lot of joy ahead of you... my only advice: let mama be mama. The kittens are so cute you want to cuddle them - especially kids - but if I were you, I'd wait at least a few weeks. If they're like my boy was, though, you won't even have to litterbox train them - they'll follow Mamacat everywhere once they can. Just sit back and enjoy this - and take lots of pics!

Monster Librarian said...

Cute! Congrats!

PJ said...

What a pretty little family, Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Kittens look cute. Good Luck finding homes. Maybe mom and dad want one Haha!

Uncle Paulie

mary said...

Thanks all. I will pass on your good wishes to the mama. Lynx thanks for the advice. My girls only get a few minutes at a time with the kittens and I usually just have them pet mama. I think she is a little lonely. We had either a maine coon or a norwegian forest cat once (it was a stray so not sure) He was a great cat.

Arielle Lee Bair said...

Aw! I'd take a kitty if I was local and not allergic. In fact, they're so cute I'd get shots so allergies wouldn't be a problem! :)

louise said...

i love ginger cats and a female one is rare. how lovely to have those little furry babies!

Brasil said...

. I really appreciate the points you made. I don’t think I’ve actually thought about it in that way. I can really appreciate how you approached the subject matter and what you said really gave me a new perspective. Thanks for taking the time to write this all out. sexy webcams sex chat live