Today I Am Thankful

11.22.2007

DSC06453

Today I am thankful because in a world that often seems to zoom by in a streak I have a place to find focus. I can be stopped still in the middle of chaos and find order and sense. I can be confused and lost and find direction. I can be lonely and insecure and find warmth and security.

DSC06399

Today I am thankful because I have these two little beacons of sense and sanity. They are my compass and my map. A belly laugh, a hand to hold, a batted eyelash and a hug and kiss to the moon, those are what I am thankful for.

The hubbies not too bad either.

6 comments:

Monster Librarian said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving!

MJ said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving! It was lovely to read your thankful thoughts...

Jane said...

Belated Happy Thanksgiving, such a lovely cute photo. Although we aren't American we did have a turkey dinner Thursday evening and gave thanks for life, love, happiness and each other.

Unknown said...

I love the first photograph Marytree: it echoes your words beautifully about life "zooming by in a streak". The colours are oceanic, it looks like your two girls are in their own mermaid vehicle riding along on the sea floor! You have such an unusual photographic viewpoint, which I like very much.

amy said...

this is wonderful.

Simon said...

Excellent blog. I enjoyed reading it. I'll be back!