On my wrists.....

1.28.2008

The things that have adorned my wrists have always changed. I think my first big wrist thing was the black plastic bracelets, thanks Madonna. By 1985 it was all about the Swatch. I remember hanging out at the mall, eyeing every watch to find the perfect one. I may still have it in a box somewhere (just found it selling for $350, maybe I should find it). In high school I moved on to friendship bracelets and african beads that I would buy here. In college I think I had handmade bead bracelets and and lots of silver bangles. Dan has given me a nice bracelet or two over the years but I always manage to break the clasp and then they end up in a drawer waiting to be repaired.

Over the last few years my wrist jewlery has pretty much been limited to the hospital tags when giving birth. What I would really like is a gorgeous silver cuff like this or this or this or this.

Maybe even one of these or these.

But what is that more often than not ends up on my wrists these days.....



Nice look isn't it. Have you ever wondered why it looks as if I never brush my girls hair? Well, pigtails, ponytails and "bwaids" go in but very quickly come out and I spend the whole day picking them up and putting them on my wrist. Seriously, I'm asking all of ya to start wearing hairbands on your wrists. We could start a whole new fad and then like I would be in style again.

What's on your wrist?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, surprisingly enough... a hairband!
<3 ya!
Cara

Anonymous said...

haha, surprisingly enough... a hairband!
<3 ya!
Cara

Anonymous said...

Yesterday morning I woke up with a hairband that had rolled up from my wrist to my upper arm. It made a disturbingly deep indentation. My kids thought it was cool.

I hope you get your cuff. Isn't your birthday coming up??

SB

Anonymous said...

Looove it! Ours are either on my wrist or in my jean pockets. Always ready when needed!!!!!

Amy

Tia said...

My wrists are currently naked. Of course my 5 year old is napping, but wait...yep, I do indeed have a hair tie in the pocket of my jeans. :) Good to know part of me is in style. Even if only through my blogging world.

Anonymous said...

I always have a hairband on my wrist and I don't have any girls to blame...they are all mine. Sometimes they seem to multiply and I end up with 2 or 3. Today it's only one.

Meg

rebekah said...

I have hairbands on my wrist! Two to be exact. I always keep them on my wrists in case I want to put my hair up. We don't have any children yet, so maybe this is practice in case we have a girl in the future.

Anonymous said...

i wish that this black faddy hair tie fad would stop iy looks like nazi propaganda and very offensive to jews