Look Ma, no hands.....

6.22.2007

garage sale haul

It's been awhile since I've been out to the garage sales and even longer since I posted about any good garage and thrift store finds. Today Dan had a phone meeting so I packed up the girls and a box of doughnuts and headed out for some treasures. I scored, big!

See all that great stuff up there. The ugly shelf was only 3 bucks and a good sanding and coat of paint will make it perfect for the play room. There were assorted other goodies, 4 halloween buckets for $1.00 that the girls had to have and a big tin of these letterpress stamps for $5.00. the sweet little green fabric was basically free. There was also a big box of costumes all for a buck.

stamps

I found the cute little ice cream cups at one sale ($2.00 for 7) and then found not one but 2 ice cream makers for $5.00 and $2.00. What a yummy summer it will be.

icecream

The biggest score of the day was a Kitchen Aid stand mixer for $40.00. and it works (with a bit of jiggling). I have been wanting one of these for a really long time and have been holding out for awhile. Dan even bought me a sunbeam mixer for christmas one year but I returned it because I really wanted the kitchen aid. Sometimes patience and a bit of luck do pay off because I am thrilled with my find. Sure I would love a yummy little pistachio colored one but.....$40.00 !
Now when I am baking it will be "Look Ma, no hands" as I give my hand mixer a rest. (I think Annie was a bit dissapointed that she won't get to hold the mixer anymore).

kitchen aid

Oh, almost forgot I got all those tart tins for fifty cents, they had lots more baking stuff but I had to draw the line somewhere. They will be great for sorting buttons, rocks and shells and as paint cups.

Hope you find some treasures of your own this weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you have been wanting that stand mixer, awesome find! You need to give me ring one of these times, Logan and I would love to tag along!!! Love the icecream bowls too...

Steve said...

Mary - awesome find, let me know when I can come over and eat something chocolate laden that you make with that mixer!

Melissa said...

Super finds! The kitchen aid for $40 and a box full of costumes for a $1.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.