Turning 4 means....

4.18.2008

DSC08759
Starting out the day by seeing how much you've grown. And wearing your new "4" shirt.

DSC08763

Homemade cards and Skittles way too early in the morning.

DSC08764

Finally getting to play the crane game at the grocery store and learning that you don't always win even if mommy keeps shoving quarters in the machine.

DSC08766

Checking out the lobsters...

DSC08767

and checking out.

DSC08769

Cracking the eggs, baking your cake and decorating it with lots of star sprinkles.

DSC08791

Opening the best gifts... the ones handmade by mommy and your sister.

Turning 4 also means your cousins over to play, hiding the birthday candles and your choice of dinner: salmon, tomato and mozzarella salad and cheetos.

I was so happy to follow along on your big day Maddie. I know that on your birthday you are the one that is supposed to get the gifts but since your birth each day with you has been a gift to me. I love ya baby, I can't wait to see where year four takes you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!!!!!!!!

Grafted Branch said...

That was about the single most adorable post (not published at my own space ;) lol) that I've ever read!

Happy birthday! What a great day you had. :)

Monster Librarian said...

Happy bday Maddie!
Marytree, this was such a wonderful post. I am sure that your little girl felt very special on her bday...sounds like you all had a wonderful day!